You Need a Lawyer
Who is it intended for?
Legal assistance is particularly necessary in Spain when purchasing or selling property. The purchase/sale of a property involves in different degrees of participation parties such as the Seller, his legal representative, Real estate agent, Taxman, Notary Public, Registrar, Water and Electricity companies, Townhall of the municipality where buying, Banks, and, in some cases, Courts of law, Regional authorities and even the seller’s neighbour. Even he may have something to say.
The lawyer will ensure all parties are appropriately dealt with and that the property is purchased without any previous charge or liability with a potential to reduce the value of it.
What does it include?
Our conveyancing service includes the following aspects:
- Complete all necessary searches on the legal status of the property and the developer/vendor, informing the buyer/s of any issue which is relevant for deciding on the particular purchase.
- Liaise and agree with vendor/s and/or lawyers in respect of terms and conditions of the purchase, ensuring compliance with laws. Where the vendors are non-resident parties, ensure that any amount paid prior to completion is lodged safely with a resident party, preferably the vendor lawyer´s account.
- Make preparations at the Notary Public for completion or in respect of any other matter regarding the purchase, including preparation of powers of attorney abroad, duly legalised and translated, giving authority to a physical person/s to act on behalf of the buyers.
- Assist in the completion process and ensure deeds are properly registered in the appropriate local Land Registry free from all charges and encumbrances, free from occupants and tenants, as well as paying the relevant taxes associated with the purchase.
- Obtain, negotiate and assist in the obtaining of a mortgage loan to finance the purchase of the property. The obtaining of the mortgage loan may be in the form of an approval in principle prior to the signing of the private purchase contract and is understood without prejudice to any other mortgage facility provided by the developer or the vendor.
- Obtain the NIE (Número de Identificación de Extranjeros), or foreigners identification number.